Invitation for Bids
Loan No. and Title:
3275-UZB: Djizzak Sanitation System Development Project
Contract No. and Title:
DS-WW-05 /The design & construction of sewer networks and cleaning of sewage systems in Djizzak City
Deadline for Submission of Bids:
19 March, 2020 at 16:00 hours (Tashkent Time)
1. The Republic of Uzbekistan has received a loan from Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Djizzak Sanitation System Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The ADB Project Coordination Unit of Communal Services Agency “Kommunhizmat” on behalf of the SUE “Suvokova” of Djizzak province (“the Employer”) invites sealed bids from the eligible bidders for the design, construction and completion of The design & construction of sewer networks and cleaning of sewage systems in Djizzak City (“theWorks”). It is estimated that the construction works will be completed within 12 months.
3. International competitive bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage:One-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4. Only eligible Bidders with following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Average Annual Construction Turnover:
Minimum average annual construction turnover of US$ 22.0 (twenty-two million) calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last 5 (five) (2014-2018) years
- Financial Resources:
The Bidder must demonstrate that its financial resources defined in FIN - 3, less its financial obligations for its current contract commitments defined in FIN - 4, meet or exceed the total requirement for the Subject Contract. of US$ 5.0 (five million)
- Contracts of Similar Size and Nature:
Participation in at least one (1) contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last 7 (seven) years and that is similar to the proposed works, where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds US$ 12.0 (Twelve million). The similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on: the physical size, nature of works, complexity, methods, technology, or other characteristics as described in Section 6 (Employer’s Requirements)
- Construction Experience in Key Activities:
(May be complied with by specialist subcontractors)
For the above or other contracts executed during the period stipulated in (b) above, a minimum construction experience in the following key activities:
- Detailed Design of wastewater network
- Flushing (Cleaning) of Pipelines
For the complete eligibility and qualification requirements, Bidders should refer to the Bidding Document.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, Bidders should contact:
ADB Project Coordination Unit “Kommunhizmat” Agency
Attention: Mr.ZamzamboyTadjibaev, Director of ADB PCU
Address: No.1,Niyozbekyulistreet, 7thfloor, room716
ZIP Code: 100035
Telephone: +99871 235 26 78
Facsimile number: +99871234 0559
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible bidders should:
- Write to the address above requesting the Bidding Documents for Contract DS-WW-5-
The design & construction of sewer networks and cleaning of sewage systems in Djizzak City and
- Pay non-refundable fee of either (a)$200 or (b) an equivalent amount of Uzbek Soum using the exchange rate published by the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the date of payment of non-refundable fee to the Employer’s bank account indicated below:
- The Bidding Documents can be picked up at ADB PCU office against submission of letter from the Bidder and proof of payment. Alternatively, against written request and after payment of USD150,or equivalent at the exchange rate published by the Central Bank of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the date of payment to the Employer’s bank account indicated below, the Bidding Documents will be sent to interested Bidders by courier. The Employer does not bear any responsibility for loss of or late delivery of the Bidding Document.
Open Joint Stock Innovation Commercial Bank “IpakYuli”
2,A.Kodiriystr., Tashkent, Republic of Uzbekistan, 100017
Fax:+(99871) 140 7803
For US dollars:
Settlement Account No.: 20210840904851738008
For Uzbek Soums:
Settlement Account No.: 20210000404851738005
7. Deliver your bid:
• To the address above;
• On or before the deadline:19 March, 2020;16:00Hrs (Tashkent time)
• Together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of
Bidder’s representatives who chose to attend.