1.The Republic of Uzbekistan (the “Borrower”) has received financing from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “Bank”) in the form of a loan toward the cost of Horezm Water Project. The Agency "Kommunkhizmat" under the Ministry of Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Uzbekistan, an implementing agency of the Borrower (the "Client"), intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this Loan to eligible payments under the contract for which this Invitation to Submit Expressions of Interest is issued.
2. The Client now invites expressions of interest ("EoIs") to provide the consulting services described in this Notice and (hereinafter called the “Services”):
Following this invitation for Expressions of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally established on the basis of the shortlisting criteria set out in this Procurement Notice. Only the shortlisted consultants will be invited to submit proposals.
3. A shortlist of qualified firms will be established under QBS procedures in accordance with the policies of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development detailed in the EBRD Procurement Policies and Rules (“PP&R”) and the Guidelines for Clients Managing Donor or Loan Funded Consultancy Assignments (“Guidelines”) which can be found at the following website: www.ebrd.com, this procurement notice, and the Instructions to Consultants: [Instructions to Consultants].
4. Executing Agency (Client):
Name of Entity selecting and contracting the Consultant Agency "Kommunkhizmat" under the Ministry of Housing and Communal Services of the Republic of Uzbekistan
1 Niyozbek Yuli street, Tashkent City, 100035, Uzbekistan
The Client Contact Person: Islombek Usmanovich Gaziev
Tel.: +998 (71) 234 0608
All communications and all Expressions of Interest shall be sent by E-mail to the Contact Person(s) above.
5. Project Description:
The Client has requested the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) to provide funding to finance the Horezm Water Project (the “Project”).
6. Assignment Description:
The Client now intends to establish a shortlist of qualified and competent consultants, with a view to inviting proposals from the shortlisted consultants, in relation to the Assignment.
The expected outcome of the Assignment is to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the Project by providing assistance to the Client.
The selected Consultant is expected to provide the following services:
1 Assistance with the Establishment of the PIU, including staffing, training, operating procedures.
2. Assistance with Procurement, Tendering and Contract implementation.
a. Procurement and Contracting Strategy, Procurement Plan.
b. Preparation of Detailed Designs and Technical Specifications. For all Works contracts (“Red” and “Yellow” FIDIC Books), the Consultant must perform survey work in full and prepare Design Estimated Documentation in a scope sufficient to pass the State Expertise. For Works contracts based on the FIDIC Red Book, the Consultant also develops Construction Design Documentation.
c. Support during the preparation of Tender Documents (TD). In accordance with Feasibility Study of the Project 11 tendering packages are preselected. Tenders for 5 packages will be conducted using contracts based on the FIDIC Yellow Book, including implementation of SCADA system, construction of water intakes and pumping stations and construction and modernization of water and waste water treatment facilities. Tenders for 2 packages will be conducted using contracts based on the FIDIC Red Book, including supply and installation of regulatory valves on water supply networks, supply and installation of meters. Tenders for two packages (repair equipment and special vehicles) will be held in the format of procurement of Goods. In addition, one consultancy contract will be tendered for the development of hydraulic models and GIS of water supply systems. The Client will provide Feasibility Study of the Project to shortlisted consultants at the second stage of this tender.
d. Support during the procurement process.
e. Support during the evaluation process.
f. Support during contract finalisation.
g. Supervision of supply of goods and related services contracts.
h. Supervision of the works contracts, including Defects Notification Period.
3. Assistance with Compliance & Reporting Obligations under the Financing Documents
4. Environmental and Social Implementation Support
7. Assignment Start Date and Duration: The Assignment is expected to start in the 4th quarter of 2019 and has an estimated overall duration of 36 months of the Project implementation period plus 12 months of Defects Notification Period.
8. Input estimate for the Assignment: The estimated input of the key experts will be 340 Man-months.
9. Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions based on the consultant's country of origin.
For the information of Consultants, at the present time firms, goods and services from the following countries are excluded from this selection:
Under the ITC 5.3.2 (a): NONE
Under the ITC 5.3.2 (b): in accordance with a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations
10. Consultant Profile: Corporate services are required. The Consultant will be a firm or a group of firms with preferably previous project experience related to:
1. similar assignments;
2. similar locations;
The Consultant’s expert team is expected to include key experts as follows:
Key Expert No 1 (Team Leader) with preferably 15 years of previous professional experience in the management of IFI’s projects in the field of municipal infrastructure modernization or new construction.
Key Expert No 2 (Chief Design Engineer) with preferably 15 years of previous professional experience in the design development in the field of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure. Local professional licenses/permissions will be required.
Key Expert No 3 (Local Project Manager) with preferably 15 years of previous professional experience in the management of projects in the field of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure modernization or new construction.
Key Expert No 4 (IFI’s procurement and contracts administration specialist) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in the field of IFI’s procurement and contracts administration.
Key Expert No 5 (IFI’s Financial specialist) with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience in the field of IFI’s financial management.
Key Expert No 6 (Design engineers for water supply and sewage systems - 3 persons) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in the design development in the field of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure. Local professional licenses/permissions may be required.
Key Expert No 7 (Automation engineer) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in the field of SCADA, hydro modeling, metering devices, etc in the field of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure.
Key Expert No 8 (Technical Supervision and Quality Control Engineers - 4 persons) with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience in the construction supervision in the field of municipal infrastructure. Local professional licenses/permissions will be required.
Key Expert No 9 (Equipment engineer) with preferably 10 years of previous professional experience in the field of repair equipment, special vehicles, etc in the field of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure.
Key Expert No 10 (Environmental and Social Specialist) with preferably 5 years of previous professional experience in the field of Environmental protection and Social issues.
11. Submission Requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of Consultants seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted should include the following:
(i) Completed Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet (TECH-1)
(ii) Company/group of firms’ profile, organisation and staffing (max. 2-4 pages) and details of previous project experience or similar assignments particularly undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided (if different from duration) , main activities, objectives. (Form TECH-2)
(iii). CVs of key experts who could carry out the Assignment detailing qualifications, experience in similar assignments, particularly assignments undertaken in the previous five years, including information on contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, main activities, objectives. (Form TECH-7)
The Consultants may use the templates provided in the Forms document provided here [Forms] or other forms which substantially contain the same information. Use of the Consultant Declaration (TECH-1), however, is mandatory.
The expression of interest shall not exceed 20 pages (excluding CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet).
The complete expression of interest (including CVs, Consultant Declaration and Contact Sheet) should be submitted in English and Russian languages via email (PDF) to the Client’s contact person, to reach the Client not later than the closing date/time. The Expression of Interest shall be one file (not exceeding 4 MB). Consultants may submit the Declaration and Contact Sheet as a separate (second) file attachment. The Client reserves the right to reject submissions that are not in line with these requirements.
Expressions of Interest received after due time shall not be accepted. Timeliness of the Expressions of Interest shall be determined exclusively by the time and date of receipt, by the Client, of the Expression of Interest.
12. Shortlisting Criteria: All responses to this Procurement Notice will be assessed based on the following Shortlisting Criteria:
- Firm’s previous project experience in the field of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure modernization or new construction – 20%;
- Firm’s previous experience in projects with similar locations – 5%;
- CV of Key Experts –75% in total, including Key Expert No.1 – 9%, Key Experts No.2-8 for each - 5%; Key Experts No.9-10 for each - 3%.